Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I switched to Meritain Health in February due to insurance being too high, due to this being short term insurance, they have not paid 1 cent of my claims, they say they are reviewing my medical records for the past 5years I get the runaround from different people every time I call, even each time I talk to a supposed supervisor, they all lie, lie,lie,!!!! I even sent a complaint to Illinois dept of insurance but they can't help because they were told the claims aren't actually denied but being reviewed!!!!

6 months to review??? That's ridiculous!!!!

I'm considering filing a lawsuit against them especially after seeing all the other complaints from customers, I can't even go to my own doctor due to non payment by these idiotic incompetent jerks. I don't even want to give them 1star, I wish I could give them minus 1000 stars!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Meritain Health Health Insurance.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 21, 2017.

Comments

They are holding our claims from June and July 2016, and say they will arrive at a decision in January, 2018, pending medical records review. Here's the thing: I have the last 5 years of the claimant's medical records. They arrived in a business-sized envelope that did not require extra postage.

The fact that these people, under the guise of an Aetna company, are allowed to peddle this garbage, thinly disguised as insunrace is morally reprehensible and will not go unchallenged.

I wish you luck.

Same exact thing happened to me. Review started in April, as of Nov 6th still not complete.

Get different story every time I speak with someone there. I believe their goal is to drag out the process and avoid as much payment as possible.

wow, exact problem...we must do something. I wo

nder if congressman can help??

to Anonymous #1412972

Same thing with me , don't know what to do???

All I can say is ditto!!!

Wow, I am in the same boat as everyone else here... I had a simple colocsocpy back in April 2017 and they haven't paid one claim from this simple procedure.

In fact in June I got a little from them stating they wanted all my medical records from the past 5 years... sent them the release form and still waiting for claims to be paid and here it is we are in September..

every two weeks I keep calling and they tell me they are still waiting for two doctors to send them my records... what a joke...

I hope Meritain realizes how many complaints and law suits they have against them and if I don't get any results soon, I will not only file a lawsuit but try for a class action lawsuit and Meritain, National Health, EMSI, and anyone else involved in the disgusting ******up company!!!!!

to Jo-Ann Eagan #1471824

Same thing here. They denied patents on my wife's two preapproved med necessary surgerie's in Feb and Mar 2017.

Asked for 5 year records etc sent and in Nov of 2017 8 months after they deny due to a pre exist they say.I filed a complaint with the state commissions of insurance of which since April 11 they haven't replied either.

I suggest all of you do the same. I'm wiling to contact each of you to file a lawsuit becausee if we don't they will continue ripping people off